Wednesday 8 July 2015

Page 2 and 3......My Life Story

Hello Stampers

Back again with "My Life Story" and page 2 and 3.  I have done a few pages about my Mum and her family.  My Mum actually did very well taking and keeping pictures of her family so I managed to have enough to learn quite a bit about her life.  She was born in 1924 and the pics show exactly the sort of lifestyle her family lived without any of the luxuries that we know today.


Once again I kept it simple and added just a little embellishment to enhance but not take away from the actual photos.  The "Family" word is made using the Little Letters Thinlits and a little stamping here and there and a candy dot or two.  I used Bermuda Bay card for backing on this page.


Also keeping with the "simple" theme the next page as my Mum gets older and her time as a Quartermaster Sergeant in the Australian Forces.  I intend to find out more about this part of her life but need to find the right site to do my research.  Here I used Crushed Curry card as a backing for these pics and a little bit of journalling leaving space for more info as it comes to hand.

In between "My Life Story" pages I have been making a few "Cards-in-a-box".  I have had a request for ones featuring flowers so this is what I came up with....





This is a great way to use up your stash of Designer Series Paper (DSP) .  I have quite a lot of retired DSP so I am happy to use it in making these cards.  When they are laid flat they fit into a standard envelope for posting.  Postage may cost a wee bit more as they will be thicker than your standard card but way worth it.  This first card is a generic "For You" card using the Flower Shop Stamp Set and the Petite Petals Stamp Set in Daffodil Delight and Tangelo Twist





This next one uses Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant as well as Blushing Bride and Rose Red.  The back whisper white piece is for your message.  I have used the Flower Patch stamp set and matching framelits which make the cutting out of these flowers and leaves a breeze.

There are many tutorials on utube for making these cards so if you want to make one yourself pop on over and check them out or if you want me to make one for you, and are in Australia, I can do that too for any theme.  Just send me a quick email here

Happy stamping
Janette

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment