Friday 24 July 2015

Card-in-a-Box

Hello Stampers

Recently I have had a lot of interest in the "Card-in-a-Box" cards and I have made a couple of special ones myself lately.  I have become the proud Grandma of grand baby # 3 recently and thought that I would make a special "Welcome Baby" card for my Son and Daughter-in-Law and, not to forget my gorgeous Grandson who has just welcomed his baby sister home in the last few weeks, I made a special "Best Big Brother" card as well.


 This Baby card was made using mainly the "Something for Baby" Stamp Set which also comes as a bundle with the matching Framelits.  These framelits make this task of cutting out each pop up item a breeze. I also used a couple of retired stamp sets - Label Love for the "cutest baby ever" on the front and "Baby Bundle" for the wee little onesies and teddies but you can put any baby type items in as the pop ups.  I also used some retired Designer Series Paper (DSP)  to decorate the box. The "Sweet Li'l Things" DSP would be perfect though.

These cards lie flat to post in a normal C6 envelope and then pop open and stand up to display. Love, Love, Love them.




This card above was for my gorgeous Grandson Tyler and he just loves Dinosaurs!!  So much when he goes out he just has to wear everything that has Dinosaurs on it. So the "No Bones About it" Stamp Set in our latest Annual Catalogue is just perfect. I used a number of the dinosaurs in this stamp set as well as the leaves and the wording which went just perfectly with the theme.  I used the retired "Back to Black" DSP as this design just looks like the dinosaur footprints but you could use the current "Go Wild" Designer Series Paper Stack and this is on sale this week till Tuesday in the Weekly Deals so head on over to my shop and pick some up before it all sells out.

I did have to"fussy" cut the dinosaurs and the leaves out myself though as there are no framelits or punches to help with this :(

I used Soft Sky card for the box and some of the animals.  I used Night of Navy as well as Mossy Meadow and Smoky Slate Inks.

Once you have made a couple they really do not take much time at all to put together and give hours of enjoyment.  Tyler takes his card everywhere he goes and even takes it to bed some nights :):)

I am not good at videos so I must thank Sandi MacIver from Portland, Oregon for this wonderful, and easy to follow, video on how to make these fabulous cards-in -a-box.



Happy Stamping 
Janette
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment