Friday 3 July 2015

My Life Story.....

Hi there Stampers

Hmmm you read my Post Heading and say to yourself...."I don't really need to know your Life Story..." but I do this out of a need for me and to share along the way  :):)

Firstly let me ask 3 questions:-

1/  Do you have old family photos tucked away somewhere in your house in a shoe box or other container?

2/ If you asked your children "What Primary School did I go to?" and they answer "I haven't got a clue!!"

3/ You are looking for a quick and easy, yet creative, way to document your ancestry/life

If you answered YES to any or all of these questions then "My Life Story" hopefully, will show you how easy it is and also give you inspiration to start one of your own.  I am also going to run classes to help anyone along if you are in Australia and near the Sunshine Coast or would like a day trip to the Sunnie Coast and learn how to use Stampin' Up!s Project Life to make "Your Life Story" as well.

So over the next wee while I will take you on this journey with me

I have started with an Espresso 6" x 8" (15.2 x 20.3 cm ) Project Life Album, the Variety Project Life Photo Pages to suit, and a retired Accessory Pack (Everyday Adventure)  in addition to the current "Happy Times" Card Collection and Accessory Pack and "Let's Get Away" Card Collection and Accessory Pack.  You could use the 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5cm ) Album but I just wanted a cute and compact version of "My Life"...a bit like me I suppose hahahaha

I did want to call this my "Eulogy Album" but my daughter had a shocked look on her face when I told her so I changed it to "My Life Story"




So I started with my Family Tree.  I found this template online just when I Googled Ancestry and there are many different designs to choose from.  As you can see there are still a few boxes empty  as these are unknown to me and to find out more that is another venture which takes a lot of time and money.  So I am happy with this info so far and if my children wish to find out more they have somewhere to start.


So I have begun my story with my Mum whom I did not know a lot about and she died when I was 10 years old.  I have found out a little bit more since starting this album :)



Yes that is me on the left I think about 11 or 12 months old?  So you can keep your album as simple as this or embellish more if you like.  I will probably add more as I go but I do want to keep it fairly simple.

I have used the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits Dies to cut some of my photos and backing cardstock to fit perfectly in the little pockets and also rounded the corners of the cardstock and some of the photos.  This little corner punch is an essential for neatening up the corners.

So until next time and another page in my Life Story :)

Happy Stamping
Janette



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment