Just 21 days till Christmas Day!!!! That will go just so fast 😲🎄🎅 and you are thinking you would like to make your own Christmas Crackers or Bon Bons as we call them here in Australia??
They really are so easy and so much fun as you can fill them with anything you like to suit the receiver.
I made them for all my Class Attendees last Saturday and they were a hit.
The baubles on the backs of the chairs were a design from last year.
I found lots of Youtube videos on How to Make Christmas Crackers but they were all American, and very good I may add, but the measurements were 6 1/2" x 10 1/2".
You could only get one Christmas Cracker out of each 12" x 12" piece of Designer Series Paper.
As I am a "frugal" crafter and don't like too much wastage. I changed the measurements to get 2 x Christmas Crackers from each piece of 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper 😁 The Cracker is still large enough to fill with substantial little gifts. I added a $1.00 scratchie + a Favourites Chocolate + a small packet of sticky page tabs for my Ladies to use in the upcoming new Occasions Catalogue for 2019.
So we start with a piece of Designer Series Paper 10 1/2" x 5 3/4"
- Score on the short 5 3/4" side at 7/8"; 1 3/4"; 2 5/8"; 3 1/2"; 4 3/8" and 5 1/4"
- Score on one long 10 1/2" side at 1 1/2"; 2" and 2 1/2"
- Rotate to other long side and score the same
- Starting with the small tab edge facing towards you place the paper into the Envelope Punch Board with the pointer at the middle score line. The left hand edge of the paper will also be at the 2 mark across the top. Punch only. No scoring required here
- Fold along first long scoreline and repeat punching process
- Repeat folding along each long fold line and punching till the end but do not punch the end small tab
- Repeat other side
- Place small amount of Multi-purpose Liquid Glue along the tab edge
- Fold over other side to match up and press down to secure
- Tie ribbon around one end and gently fold Cracker into shape. Fill Cracker from open end and then tie up with ribbon the same.
I did add the Cracker snap with a small glue dot at each end to prevent from falling out as well.
The Cracker snaps I just bought off EBay.
Have fun with your Christmas Crackers and would really love to see what you create in the comments 😊😊😊
Happy and safe Christmas everyone and