Sunday 28 February 2016

Two fun stamping weekends!!

Hello Stampers

Well my last two weekends have been a ton of fun - laughing and stamping with many friends :)  

A weekend get together with my fun friends at my old Estate where I used to live and also spending wonderful time with my daughter, son-in-law and gorgeous granddaughter.  Time with the little ones is always so precious.  I love my kisses and cuddles from little 15 month old Peri. As well as the kisses and cuddles from my super gorgeous daughter and wonderful SIL ;)

So all day Saturday and all day Sunday was spent card making.  The best way I like to spend my weekends.  Saturday was with just a few of us and Sunday was with this fun crew....






 Sonia showed us the faux tiling method on a beautiful card and we all got to make one.  Here is my effort .....


Nice design.  Thanks Sonia for sharing that with us. It will go in my stash ready to send out to someone special for their birthday.

Shannon West from Stampin' Up!s Head Office has spurred us all on the #imbringingbirthdaysback  and I plan to try and send more hand crafted birthday cards this year to all my family and friends.  Receiving a hand made card with love in the mail is just so much more exciting than reading a Facebook message.  I thank all those who do send me FB Happy Birthday messages :)  but I do love to open my letterbox and find a nice card (something other than a bill!!).

So the cards I made for last weekend as make-and-takes were all birthday cards.  The first one was inspired by a design by Brian King.  Thanks Brian - a great simple but colourful birthday card for anyone and they all loved making it.




The next one uses the new Grateful Bunch stamp set and the double embossing technique with the large Polka Dot Embossing Folder - designed by me this time :) .  To get this look you run your cardstock through the BigShot with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder then turn the cardstock over, line up the dots so that they are just offset a little and run it through the BigShot again.  Love, Love, Love this look. 



My last February Class was yesterday and it was an Easter/Mother's Day theme.  I don't usually do Easter Cards and so don't have a lot of Easter specific stamp sets.  So thank you Pinterest and kristalscardsandmore.blogspot.com for the inspiration.  Nice and easy and cute and my class did enjoy putting it together.  I used Teeny Tiny Sentiments Stamp Set for the greeting and they chose whichever greeting they wanted.



The Mother's Day card was using my favourite DSP at the moment which is Birthday Bouquet and just perfect for Mother's Day cards :) :)  I also used the double embossing technique again and it was the "Wow" Factor for the day.  I also stamped the little flower from the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set on to the DSP and cut the flower top out and placed it on the stamped image for a more 3D effect.





 Our third project for class was an Easel Calendar Stand card to go with the Mother's Day card.





Here are my happy group of crafters :)





Happy stamping everyone until next time :)
Janette

No comments:

Post a Comment