Wednesday 13 February 2013

Masking Embossing Folders Tutorial

As promised here is my Tutorial on Masking Embossing. This is a card I made for my brother's birthday....






The card base is Midnight Muse 21 cm x 14.8 cm ( normal half the A4 cardstock size ). I then cut another piece of Midnight Muse 10 cm x 14.3 cm and ran this through the Big Shot as shown

The sandwich consists of Multipurpose Platform with all TABS closed, no bottom plate, Embossing Folder (EF), top plate.  The Embossing Folder is made up like this...



I used the Houndstooth folder which, I think, is quite manly.  I placed the cardstock into the EF and I created a template using 2 x pieces of the backing board from the Glimmer Paper to place on the top of the EF.  I added a couple of spots of Dotto just to keep it in place.  You can make your template any shape you choose but it must be "chipboard" thickness ( 2 mm ).  So you can glue together a few layers of the backing card from your Designer Series Paper (DSP) - I usually do 3 or 4 layers - or use this card from the Glimmer Paper.  As each Big Shot is calibrated slightly differently do a test run first and adjust accordingly for your machine.  The end result is........
 Here is the finished card.   The greeting is from the free sale-a-bration stamp set "Patterned Occasions" stamped on whisper white , then Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse embossed with Houndstooth again and Cherry Cobbler at the bottom. The cupcake stamp is coloured using the 2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers - Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple.




and inside I used the greeting from the "Best Dad Ever" stamp set in the Annual Catalogue.


I hope you have lots of fun playing with this technique and create some wonderful designs

Happy creating

Janette








No comments:

Post a Comment