Monday 18 February 2013

Tulle, Tulle and more Tulle!!!

Hello Stampers,

I have been looking at all my Tulle recently...you know the ones that were in our last Holiday Catalogue??

I used the Cherry Cobbler in my Christmas decoration.

Well I really wanted to use it again so surfed my favourite crafting sites for inspiration.  On Pinterest I found Kimberley Van Diepen from Woodbridge, Virginia and I love Kimberley's designs. I fell in love with her mini mannequin using the Dress Framelits.  Check them out here.

I just had to make one or a few of these myself.  So here is my first attempt and as I don't have any wooden cotton reels but plenty of corks I decorated the champagne cork with Tulle and stuck the skewer into this. Works a treat :)


I stamped the top of the dress form with the flowers in the Vintage Vogue stamp set (retired) using the new Illuminate stamp pad and attached a couple of the little flowers from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  These are attached with a mini paper clip which is non Stampin' Up!  The flower on the waist is from the Vanilla Flower Trim in the new Seasonal Catalogue on Page 5.  Contact me here if you are in Australia and are simply dying to get your hands on these darling little flowers :)

Another use for the Tulle was in this Wedding card that I made for my stash.


I cut small circles of the Crumb Cake tulle and ran a gather stitch around the middle to give it a bit of added oomph!!  The DSP is from Summer Smooches and added a bit of gold glimmer paper behind the cake sentiment from the Love & Laughter stamp set (# 125477 C / 127512 W). The word "Love" is stamped onto the DSP with Versamark and embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder using the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet (#126360) on Page 147 of the Annual Catalogue. The background is the Honeycomb Embossing FolderThe little mini heart on the cake is from the Owl Builder Punch.

I hope you like my creations and they give you inspiration to make some of your own :)

Happy stamping
Janette






No comments:

Post a Comment