Tuesday 14 August 2012

Back Home again

Hi there Stamper followers,

Well I have not been in touch since Day 3 as I had no WiFi connection or mobile phone network connection for some days after Longreach :( and was unable to keep you all up to date.  I also now find out that the photos I tried to upload into my blog did not work and you have not been able to view our trip along the way.  I will try and now include a couple of the highlights of the trip for you all to see.
After Longreach we travelled to Mt Isa which is a mining town in the north west of Queensland and the last city before we crossed into the Northern Territory border.  We arrived quite late in the afternoon and after settling in to the hotel we ventured out to find "downtown" Mt Isa as my US brother and nephew call it.  The hotel I booked confirmed that they had a restaurant and it would be open for dinner on the evening that we arrived but were advised on check-in that there was no chef on that night and the restaurant would be closed..... disappointed!!!  They also advised there would be no hot breakfasts available the next morning....doubly disappointed as I had been looking forward to a hot brekky in Mt Isa.

So off we went to walk the main streets of Mt Isa. There are not too many so we quickly found a Coffee Club open and had a quick bite here before returning back to the hotel. Mt Isa is the "Rodeo Capital of Australia" and a couple of the main streets have these plaques shown below commemorating well known Rodeo riders.
The middle photo is James with the Longreach "Ringer" statue outside the Stockman's Hall of Fame and the last picture is the ceiling of the Stockman's Hall of Fame which is very impressive I thought.
I can very strongly recommend that everyone who visits Longreach should not only look through the Stockman's Hall of Fame but also see the show they have running there as well.  Luke does the show on his own and will have you in fits of laughter for the first 30 minutes and then in awe for the last 30 to 45 minutes of the show.  I won't give anything away here as you simply must see for yourself and is worth every cent of the $42.00 per adult.
I will have more photos tomorrow and a bit more of the next couple of days of the trip as well. I will also be back with more stamping updates too in the next few days.  I am really suffering withdrawal symptoms now as I haven't been able to do any stamping for the last 2 weeks!!!!!!! 
I think I will head into my stamping room right now
Happy stamping everyone
Janette






No comments:

Post a Comment