Sunday 14 July 2019

Using scraps

Hello Stampers


I just can't bring myself to throw away any types of scraps that get left on my crafting table!! 😄😄😄 Are you with me here??

I recently made some cards for a Kids Card Class using the tiny little bird from the "Well Written" Dies and had a strip of card with little birds cut out on it.

Hmmmmm 😬 I thought to myself "There must be something I could use this for?"  So this card was born......





The actual strip I used had the birds all in a row.  It is now in the bin as I used it as a stencil and spread it with silver embossing paste on Basic Black card.  Silver is no longer available, unfortunately, but you can get "Shimmery White" and "White" which would work just as good.  You can make any stencils you like using your dies.  You don't have to stick to the standard stencils 😉


The beautiful "Bird Ballad" Designer Series Paper suited this design just perfectly and I fussy cut one of the birds out as well to add to the top of the card.  I will let you in on a little secret here.  Shhhh don't tell anyone but this bird was to cover up a messy embossing paste bird at the top of the black card 😂😂

As we in the "Biz" say....There are no mistakes in card making!!


The greeting is from the "Dandelion Wishes" Stamp Set.  I love this sentiment for a Get Well card.

So my wonderful fellow stampers try and think of another use for all those odd scraps you have and let me see what creations you come up with 😃

Happy Stamping
Janette


No comments:

Post a Comment