Tuesday 22 January 2019

Masculine cards

Hello Stampers

Often I get asked to make Masculine Cards at my Classes.  They always seem to be a little tricky for everyone.

Recently I had two male birthdays in January to make cards for and I chose stamp sets that, ordinarily,  you would chose for your female friends 😉  So I thought let's see if I can use these sets for both Genders???

First set is the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set and has mostly flowers.  I looked at the leaves in this set and thought Men like their gardens so let's go with the leaves 😃😃😃




 I also chose the new "Happiness Blooms" Designer Series Paper in the latest Occasions Catalogue.  This paper also has a lot of flowers featured but on the reverse sides has some masculine designs as I have chosen above.  So try and think outside the box when looking at all your stamp sets and papers.  I added a couple of leaves from the "Seasonal Layers" Thinlits Dies and walah!!!!  Done 😀

The next card is using the new "Amazing Life" Stamp Set and the same Designer Series Paper.  I also decorated the envelope flap with the DSP to give it that little bit extra.  I stamped the 3-tier cake, coloured it in with Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends and fussy cut it out to add to the Stitched Shape Square to break up the plainness.



So I hope these examples help you out when it comes to making those "Tricky" masculine cards 😉

Happy Stamping
Janette

No comments:

Post a Comment