Thursday 9 April 2015

Male birthday cards

Hi there Stampers

Do you often find it difficult to think of ideas for male birthday cards?  All of my friends and family (especially my son) expect a special home made card from me every year now and I would not even think about buying one anymore. My son inspects every little detail of my card hahaha. Secretly I think he has inherited my "crafty" gene and wants to make some himself.  He certainly supports his wife with her creative card making.

So I have a couple of special people in my life whose birthdays are coming up this weekend and I quickly escaped to my craft room yesterday afternoon to create these 2 cards.



This first one is made using 3 different stamp sets and the greeting is from "Remembering Your Birthday" Stamp Set and I actually used the Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker to colour in a part of one stamp to just use the Happy Birthday part.  The stamp says but then I forgot, Happy belated Birthday.  So you can use your stamps in so many varied ways




This second one is using the "Celebrate Today" stamp set and my favourite colour at the moment which is Bermuda Bay.  I stamped the banner in Versamark, embossed it with white embossing powder and coloured in the dotty banners with my Bermuda Bay Ink and Blender Pens.  The Designer Series Paper popped in behind the little banner Thinlit Die cuts is from the Confetti Celebration set and the chevrons are from the Circle Card Thinlits set. Then I randomly popped on a few Candy Dots to complete the look.  I did get a little inspration for this one from Pinterest and StampinGeorgia.com.  Thank You Georgia.  I also added a little bit of my own twist as well.

So I do hope this gives you some inspiration as well for your male card creating :) 

Happy Stamping
Janette
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment