Sunday 8 March 2020

It is March already!!!

Hello Stampers

Welcome to Autumn for all my Aussie Stamping Friends 🍃🌳😀 I really hope that it starts to cool down here in Queensland soon.  It has been such a long hot Summer here.  I am ready for the cooler weather now 😉

Now that it is March we are getting ramped up for Mother's Day on the 2nd Sunday in May.  So I have been busy getting my collection of Mother's Day Cards together to send to the Defence Force so that the Soldiers all get them in time to send home to their Mums and wives.  My last class were busy creating some to add to my collection to send off.  I just love the "Best Dressed" Suite in the latest Mini Catalogue for Mother's Day cards.  Here is the card everybody made..


Nice and easy as the cards we send to the Soldiers must have no bling or glitter so just a cute "Tufted" 3D Embossing Folder and the "Best Dressed" Designer Series Paper and a little Mint Macaron bow adhered well with a couple of glue dots.

So I am now on a roll making Mother's Day Cards and here are a few of them..


Amongst these I made a couple using the "Christmas Rose" Stamp Set.  Have you picked up this set for last Christmas and then put it away for another year?  Well bring it out again as it is great for Mother's Day cards. 

I used the large flower image in the front two designs and using the fabulous "Triple Time Stamping" Technique only made it "Double Time" 😁😁  I love this effect.  You can use this technique with many of the different Stampin' Up! Dies.


I placed the smaller rectangle Whisper White piece on to my larger Whisper White piece with repositionable tape and stamped the large Rose Stamp over the top of the 2 pieces pressing fairly firmly around the edges.  Then I coloured in my flower and the little berries.

I then removed the smaller white piece and adhered it to my Rich Razzleberry backing piece.  I then adhered these 2 pieces to my larger white piece lining up the image to match.  It just looks the flower/leaves are popping out from behind.  Great effect.

Now to make a few more Mother's Day cards using left over papers and ribbons on my craft table 😉😊

Happy Stamping everyone
Janette



No comments:

Post a Comment